Deadline for Applications: Tuesday 5 April, 4pm
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract, Part Time
Place of work: MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, BT1 2NJ
Reports to: Senior Curator
Period of work: May 2016 – March 2017. 2 days per week over 11 months (44 weeks/616hours)
Salary: £18,200 pro rata (£6,160)
The MAC is seeking to appoint a Curatorial Intern who will work alongside our Curator and report to our Senior Curator. This role will assist with the broad range of activities involved in the realisation of the visual art programme at the MAC.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• In consultation with the curatorial team undertake research towards upcoming exhibitions.
• Support the curatorial team regarding logistics and registrar duties, including transport arrangements for work coming in and out of the MAC.
• Liaise with artists and technicians during the realisation of work.
• Organise travel and accommodation for artists, visiting speakers and guests.
• Support the curatorial and technical teams in the installation and condition checking of work.
• Support the curatorial and marketing teams to develop online and printed text materials for public, press, and social media activity around the exhibition programme.
• Support the curatorial team in the development and delivery of a programme of talks, screenings, performance events, seminars and short academic symposia.
• Complete general administration tasks on behalf of the curatorial team, including updates to internal databases and other registers, as well as administering filing systems.
For full job description and application pack see: themaclive.com/
The applicants who fit the specifications outlined above most closely will be shortlisted for interview, so please make sure you tell us everything relevant to your application.
Application is by CV noting relevant work experience, and a cover letter of no more than 2 A4 pages outlining why you are interested in the position.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Tuesday 5 April 2016.
Interviews will be held on Monday 18 April 2016.