Visual Artists Ireland has an ongoing open submission process for artists and arts professionals interested in being available as tutors on our Professional Development Training Programme.
VISUAL ARTISTS IRELAND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
Visual Artists Ireland seeks expressions of interest from Artists, Curators, Cultural Workers and Visual Art Educators who wish to be included on a panel of facilitators who may be called upon to contribute to our ongoing programme of Professional Development Training for Visual Artists in 2012 and beyond. ??This programme of training is developed and delivered in conjunction with regional training partners who currently include; Ards Arts Centre; Belfast Exposed, Digital Art Studios & PlayResource, Belfast; The VOID, Derry; Kerry County Council Arts Office; Clare County Council Arts Office; The National Sculpture Factory, Cork; Mermaid Arts Centre, Ennistymon Courthouse Studios; PhotoIreland Festival and Dublin City Council Arts Office. The programme includes business skills training and practical issues for visual artists, peer critique and more specialist workshops aimed and mid career artists. ??For further information on the recent Professional Development Training Programme see: ?http://visualartists.ie/education/register-for-our-events/
Applicants should have previous experience or knowledge in one or more of the following areas and contexts:
1. A career history of work both in Ireland and abroad as either Artist, Curator, Critic, Cultural Worker and/or Educator
2. Tutoring or teaching experience at third level or facilitation skills in formal / informal settings
3. A high level of awareness of the career pathways of visual artists working in Ireland and awareness and or experience of working internationally in the visual arts
4. Awareness of the Professional Development Training needs of visual artists working in Ireland
5. An awareness of the discourse surrounding contemporary arts practices
6. Openness and sensitivity to the needs of visual artists at all career stages from recent graduates to those who are more established
Expertise in any of the following areas are also particularly welcome:
1. Curatorial or cultural administration experience in any of the following contexts; commercial and/or public gallery settings; public art commissioning or self-initiated curatorial projects
2. Experience of engaged practice as a visual artist either, self initiated, in conjunction with art institutions, public bodies or with artist-led organisations
3. A strong exhibition record of ten years or more as an visual artist and strong technical skills in one or more media such as; painting, sculpture and installation (including public art), photography and lens based media, new media and digital technologies including sound, film, video, web site design (this list is not definitive and other areas of expertise and suggested topics are welcome)
4. Strong visual art writing skills either practical or creative i.e. grant and proposal writing or creative and critical writing, a record of publication in visual art journals is desirable
To Apply: For inclusion on the panel please forward a Current CV, images of recent work 6-8 jpegs on CD and/ or two or more of your writing samples as a professional recommendation from someone for whom you've worked in an educational capacity whether formal or informal.
Deadline:There is no specific deadline as the panel may be joined on an ongoing basis however.
For information and to submit:
Monica Flynn / Professional Development Officer,
T: 01 672 9488