You can book your General Admission Ticket for Get Together 2016 here with the link below. Prices are €25 for VAI Members and €50 for Non-Members.
General Admission Tickets include:
- Admission to all Panel Discussions with over 30 experts discussing topics vital to professional visual art practice and impacting the lives of individual artists. Panels include: Equal Opportunities in the Visual Arts: Gender, Spaces to Work, Making the Market, Brexit: How will it Impact Us and the Jason Oakley Art Writing Forum.
- Open access to all Artist Talks presentations. Throughout the day there will be presentations by ten exemplary artists speaking about their work, the development of their careers and their own personal experience as professional visual artists. View the artists and links to their work here.
- Visual Artists Café – A space to meet one another. A space to encourage making new connections, meeting people and sharing networks. There will be representatives from arts organisations and galleries from all over the country.
- The Café will also have Help-Desks to provide information and advice on practical matters such as sustaining a practice, legal advice, copyright, tax, available funding.
- Tasty Lunch!
Online Bookings are now closed! You can still join us on the day and pay at the registration desk. This opens at 9am. There are still spaces for some of the Curators and Help Desks which you can also book on the day. Please leave time for all of this as there are quite a large number of people coming
VAI Members have a 50% discount on ticket prices. Once VAI Members have secured their General Admission Ticket, they then have the option of signing up for additional one-on-one meetings with top curators and specialists.
VAI Members Extras:
- Speed Curating: Choose from a list of 30 of the best curators in Ireland and the UK for one-on-one meetings. Selecting who you would like to meet entitles you to 10 minutes with each curator, an opportunity to show them your work, present your ideas and make the connection. This is a hugely popular event for curators and artists; and has lead to multiple exhibitions, working relationships and collaborations. Curators this year include Ann O’Sullivan (Butler Gallery), Brendan Fox (Foundation Arts Fest.), Chris Clarke (Glucksman, Cork), Davey Moore (Independent), Eoin Dara (MAC, Belfast), Mary Cremin (TBG+S), Maeve Mulrennan (Galway Arts Centre), Ruth Carol (RHA), Sean Kissane (IMMA) and many more. View the full list here.
- Clinics: These clinic offer specialist advice on your specific area of concern or in-depth analysis which seeks to help you in an area of your career. Clinics are for up to 30 minutes and include: Financial, Legal, Copyright, Artists Resale Right, Curatorial, and Publicity / Social Media. View information on our invited experts here.
- Portfolio Review: get expert advice on how you present your practice. For artists at all stages of their career is an opportunity to get in-depth advice about how to move your practice to the next stage. Our experts this year include directors of internationally renowned public galleries, arts festivals and biennales. View biographies here.
If you are a professional artist and would like to join us and the 1,400 people who are members of Visual Artists Ireland follow the link here.