Application deadline: 15 December
The London Arts Council (Canada) is seeking to commission an artist or artist-led team to create a permanent new creation to be integrated into the site of the East Community Centre, a multi-purpose recreation facility to be opened in early 2019. The commissioned artist(s) will be expected to complete the project by spring 2019. This project is administered by the London Arts Council on behalf of the City of London’s Culture Office as part of the City of London Public Art Program and funded by the City of London.
The goals of the project include:
- Supporting and enhancing the goals of the East Community Centre in providing a neighbourhood hub and destination centre for the East and Southeast area of London and in maximizing the potential for indoor and outdoor social space.
- Enlivening the outdoor social spaces of the East Community Centre and engaging the community in an enhanced visitor experience.
- Promoting the economic development and cultural identity of the neighbourhoods served by the East Community Centre.
- Building strong community connections by providing artistic expression of the cultural diversity of the surrounding communities.
- Providing accessible art that is relevant to London and Londoners through daily living, work, and play.
Up to $67,000.00 is the total amount available for all related expenses of this Public Art project, including (but not limited to) artist fees, site preparation and restoration, technical consultation, travel to the site, fabrication, insurance, installation, permit fees, documentation, all applicable taxes, etc.
For more information about this opportunity visit londonarts.ca/call-to-artists-ecc