Deadline for applications is: Monday 17 July, 5pm
Galway Film Centre is delighted to announce a new funding scheme for young filmmakers in Galway City and County called Dig Where You Stand.
Galway Film Centre has worked with a large number of filmmakers over the past number of years creating over 70 community films under the ID Projects scheme as well as nurturing new filmmaking voices in the recent Galway Stories Film Production Camp with Screen Talent Europe. Through Dig Where You Stand, the plan is to build on this experience, to develop a pool of young filmmaking talent in Galway and to offer emerging local filmmakers a chance to develop their talent as documentary filmmakers.
By exploring the richness and potential of our own communities and embracing their diversity, the intention is that young Galway filmmakers will find interesting and worthy documentary subjects in both Galway City and County. Filmmakers are encouraged to look at the broad themes of Migration, Landscape and Language which resonate not just in Galway but throughout Europe, and tie-in with the themes invoked by Galway 2020 European Capital of Culture.
The Dig Where You Stand project will also provide opportunities for young and emerging filmmakers from diverse backgrounds to link into the Screen Talent Europe Network and the project will offer a professional progression route for filmmakers with opportunities to connect with their European counterparts.
- Two individual short documentary films, 10 to 15 minutes in duration, will be produced, with one based in the Galway City and one in the County Galway.
- Participating filmmakers must be based in Galway and be under 35 years of age.
- A budget of up to €6000 is available per film.
- The participating filmmakers will be mentored by established documentary filmmakers.
- Themes include Migration, Landscape and Language in line with Galway 2020 European Capital of Culture.
- Galway Film Centre will provide support through equipment, advice and assistance.
For more information and application details see: www.galwayfilmcentre.ie/dig-where-you-stand