Application deadline: Wednesday 21 February, 5pm
Reporting to the Meath County Arts Officer, and County Librarian, under the Directorate of Housing, Community, Library, Arts and Culture, or other such nominated officer, the Assistant Arts Officer shall:
• Have particular responsibility for Community, Youth and Children’s Arts including Arts in Education programmes.
• Work with the County Arts Officer in the maintenance, development, implementation and evaluation of a series of annual/multi-annual programmes in each of these areas.
• Assist with the maintenance, development and implementation of the Arts Office FÉACH artists training and mentorship programme.
• Assist with and contribute to the development and implementation of the County Arts Plan. This includes sourcing and providing specialist advice and information, programme design and scheduling, devising contracts, monitoring, assessing and evaluating performance against agreed targets, and ensuring that the necessary financial and management systems are in place.
• Assist with annual funding applications and source additional funding as appropriate.
• Assist with the management of the Meath County Council Annual Arts Grants, Bursaries and Awards Schemes.
Please find full job description and relevant application form here: meath.ie/CountyCouncil/JobVacancies/
Each candidate should have:
• A good standard of education. A relevant third level qualification and a knowledge of Irish are desirable but not essential.
• Have experience of or direct involvement in at least one of the Arts.
• A minimum of three years experience in arts administration.
Salary: €41,625 – €49,990 (EL 10/17) pending on service.