Closing Date: Wednesday 5 July
The Irish Writers Centre is a flagship resource organisation for writers. It offers professional supports to meet the needs of writers at all stages of their development through training, information, networking opportunities and programmed events.
A key part of our role is to offer a comprehensive and innovative toolkit/service to support the professional development of writers.
Location: Board meetings will be held at the Irish Writers Centre, 19 Parnell Square, Dublin 1.
Remuneration: Non-remunerated – this is a voluntary position. Travel expenses are reimbursable.
Time Commitment: Approximately 8 X 2hr Board meetings per annum with time required for preparatory reading, and possible additional time commitments depending on membership of sub-committees. Board members may be asked to represent the Board on certain occasions, depending on their availability and interests.
The Board of Directors will be responsible for:
- the employment of senior executives to the company;
- establishing and ensuring the implementation of policy objectives based upon current and future agreed strategies for the organisation
- overseeing and maintaining the financial health of the organisation;
- ensuring the highest standards of governance and transparency;
- enabling and delegating to sub-committees/working groups prudent decision-making powers for efficiency in relation to certain projects to ensure that the Company has
- access to the broadest range of specialist expertise and advice in all aspects of its work
For more information see: irishwriterscentre.ie/expressions-of-interest-in-board-of-directors-membership