Below is list of services, facilities and resources provided by Visual Artists Ireland for our members. These resources are designed to be useful, practical and relevant to artists.
- VAN – Receive the Visual Artists’ News Sheet by post (6 issues per year). The VAN is the primary all-Ireland information resource for visual artists presenting case study articles on all aspects of the lives of professional artists, alongside features offering critical reflection and analysis of relevant aspects of the art world in Ireland and internationally.
- The Manual – a comprehensive on-line information resource covering all aspects of professional development.
- Help-desk – offering advice, information and support on professional issues.
- Legal Advice | Debt Collection – a solution that minimises costly legal proceedings for artists getting paid.
- Discount Scheme –material suppliers and service providers.
- Equipment/Facilities – affordable access to video editing, cameras, computers and other equipment.
- FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions with regard to practicing professionally.
- Insurance – where to get insurance for your practice
- VAI Members Events – a programme of informative and networking events held around the country including Visual Artists Cafés and the annual Get Together
- VAI Professional Development Programme – a wide range of professional development training throughout the year including workshops, peer discussion groups, seminars and talks.
- Studio Exchange Programme – VAI members can now register with Artelier for studio exchange with peers anywhere in the world.
- Visual Art Address Book – Members contact area and directory of visual art organisations and services
- Smart Phone app -find out what is on and what resources are availabe through our Smart Phone App – Art Connect (available for iPhone and Androd)
- Visual Artists Ireland and Digital Arts Studios Residency Award
- The Valerie Earley Residency Award at The Tyrone Guthrie Centre.
Join or Renew Membership of Visual Artists Ireland
Before filling out the form please read our pages on the categories of membership and membership benefits and membership rates.
- Online Application
Go to our online membership form and submit it to us electronically. Then either proceed to the secure online payment section which is handled by PayPal who can facilitate Master Card, Visa or American Express payments OR if you would prefer not to use the online payment facility you can call us on 01- 6729488 to arrange payment.
- Hard Copy Application
Download and print out this form, fill it in by hand and then post it into us with your payment. Payments can be made by Visa, Mastercard, Debit, cheque, postal order or cash, although we do not recommend sending cash through the post.
Visual artists working in Ireland or Irish artists working abroad are also welcome to join the Irish Visual Artists Rights Organisation (IVARO). IVARO is a rights management organisation which represents artists in relation to their copyright. IVARO offers licensing services and collects the Artists Resale Right on behalf of its members. Joining IVARO is free. This link will take you to IVARO’s own website for more information and to register.