Our new membership section includes:
- A Directory of our Republic of Ireland members who have a public profile.
Profiles are set to Private by default which means that members have the option to make their profiles Public and be included in the public directory and regional map.
- The ability to Join/Renew/Update personal details
- Details on any offers that our members currently have
- There is the ability to see a list of Members’ Events with the ability for Members to add them. (requires Membership to be up to date)
- There is a new section which allows Members to advertise or trade services.
- A payment system for membership.
Below is list of services, facilities and resources provided by Visual Artists Ireland for our members. These resources are designed to be useful, practical and relevant to artists.
- VAN – Receive the Visual Artists’ News Sheet by post (6 issues per year). The VAN is the primary all-Ireland information resource for visual artists presenting case study articles on all aspects of the lives of professional artists, alongside features offering critical reflection and analysis of relevant aspects of the art world in Ireland and internationally.
- The Manual – a comprehensive on-line information resource covering all aspects of professional development.
- Help-desk – offering advice, information and support on professional issues.
- Legal Advice | Debt Collection – a solution that minimises costly legal proceedings for artists getting paid.
- Discount Scheme –material suppliers and service providers.
- Equipment/Facilities – affordable access to video editing, cameras, computers and other equipment.
- FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions with regard to practicing professionally.
- Insurance – where to get insurance for your practice
- VAI Members Events – a programme of informative and networking events held around the country including Visual Artists Cafés and the annual Get Together
- VAI Professional Development Programme – a wide range of professional development training throughout the year including workshops, peer discussion groups, seminars and talks.
- Studio Exchange Programme – VAI members can now register with Artelier for studio exchange with peers anywhere in the world.
- Visual Art Address Book – Directory of visual art organisations and services
- Visual Artists Ireland Members Address Book – Directory of VAI members who have chosen to make their profiles public.
- IAA Card – This card is available for one year, and allows a free entrance in a lot of Museums and Galleries all around the world. List of institutions accepting IAA card (PDF) 2017_update_november