“Any person may become a member of the Society provided that they fullfil the criteria set out by the Board from time to time and which are approved by the membership at a general meeting and have paid any subscription fee annual or otherwise as required by The Society and approved at a general meeting.”
- Professional Membership
For any artist who fulfils three or more of the professional status criteria listed below
- Student/Associate Membership
For any emerging artist who does not yet fulfil these criteria
Galleries, arts centres, studios etc may sign up under our ‘Organisation’ rate in order to receive a subscription to magazines and other services.
Individuals & non-artists may sign up as ‘Friends’ of the organisation in order to receive a subscription to magazines and other services.
Professional status criteria:
To qualify as a Professional member you must meet a minimum of three of the below criteria. You do NOT need to fulfil these criteria if you are applying for Associate membership.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognised third level college
- One-person show (including time based events) in a recognised gallery or exhibition space
- Participation in an exhibition/visual art event which was selected by a jury in which professional artists or recognised curators participated
- Work has been purchased by Government, local authority, museum or corporate client
- Work has been commissioned by Government, local authority, museum or corporate client
- Have been awarded a bursary, residency, materials grant or otherwise grant aided by the Arts Council/Arts Council of Northern Ireland or other funding body
- Have been awarded tax-exempt status by the Revenue Commissioners, or are on schedule D as a self-employed artist in Northern Ireland
Further definitions of membership are contained within The Memo & Articles of Association