Transparency and Governance are terms that are being thrown around a lot lately. But, they are not just words hanging in the air waiting to land. Everyone who is part of an artists group, collective, artist led initiative, studio programme etc. will find themselves subject to them at some stage in their career. Even being a member of a studio programme has implications.
So, to remove the anxiety and to provide some clear knowledge of what it all means, we have organised an afternoon event on Wednesday, March 11th 2015 (2pm) upstairs in the Ulster Hall that is designed to provide you with the knowledge to ask if you, your studio, your venue, or your gallery comply with current legislation and guidelines. At the end of the day you will leave with a free high level organisational health check and guidance on what to do next.
- Welcome – Visual Artists Ireland [Noel Kelly – Visual Artists Ireland]
- Setting the Context for Future Funding – The Arts Council of Northern Ireland [Deirdre Robb – The Arts Council of Northern Ireland]
- Cultural Framework for Belfast – the role of governance in strengthening the sector [Eimear Henry – Belfast City Council]
- Compliance and Transparency: The Legal Realities and the Solutions Available – Arts and Business [Tania Carlisle – Arts & Business NI]
- VAI Case Study [Noel Kelly – Visual Artists Ireland]