It is clear that everybody’s careers go through the highs and the lows. This work is designed to look at what has worked and what you’ve learned, and to gain insight into potential journeys that you may undertake to move forward.
This will also include a look at the skills and research that you may need to undertake to work towards your goals, looking at potential hurdles that you might be placing in your path, and a look at the reality of your goals in the art world context.
The workshop is structured to:
- Achieve clarity on what success looks like for you individually
- Clarify the resources, skills and progress you’ve made to date
- Identify the resources you’ll need to move forward
- Understand the ecosystem of the contemporary fine art world
- Agree which part of the art world you wish to be a part of going forward
- Understand the activities which are and are not compatible with this goal in terms of reputation development
- Dissect and gain and understanding of the journeys of established artists
- Develop a detailed understanding of the skills required to reach your goals
- Identification of the types of hurdles you might be placing in your own path
- Identification of the hurdles that the art world places in your path
- Clarity on strategies for overcoming these
- Application of key learning’s to overall project management template
Geraldine O’Reilly is a graduate of NCAD with an honours degree in Painting. In 1989 she was awarded a Fulbright scholarship to New York City. In 2004 she was elected to Aosdana. Her art is held is many public and private collections such as The National Gallery of Ireland, The Chester Beatty Museum and Library, The University of Tasmania, The McMullen Museum, Boston College, USA, The Great Famine Museum at Quinniapiac Museum, Connectitcut, USA and the Office of Public Works. She has a number ofartist residencies such as at the Banff Centre for the Arts in Canada, The McDowell Colony, New Hampshire, USA and the University of Tasmania, Australia.
She has had many solo exhibitions of her artwork and participated in many group exhibitions both at home and abroad. She is a former board member and Chairperson of Graphic Studio Dublin. O’Reilly works in the medium of Painting, drawing and printmaking.
Limerick, Tipperary or Clare Based Artists €25
VAI Members (Non Limerick, Tipperary or Clare Based) €50