The Emerging Artist Residency is designed to offer a developing artist, working in any art form, the opportunity to explore their practice through the discipline of photography. This residency will culminate in a supported exhibition and an artist talk. For the purposes of this residency an Emerging Artist will be understood to be an artist in early to mid stages of their career, no age limit.
As part of the residency The Darkroom will offer the following:
- A private studio with desk and storage facilities.
- Residency stipend of €1,250 for each artist.
- A fully equipped darkroom.
- Access to a photographic studio (outside of class times)
- Use of camera and studio equipment (with prior booking)
- Access to professional Epson scanner and printer (with prior booking)
- Mentorship, weekly feedback sessions, technical support, advice and access to The Darkroom courses (depending on availability of space) as well as 1-2-1 sessions
- Use of our in-house photography library
Each residency will be supported with a small grant for materials and travel expenses. There is support for accommodation if you do not live in Dublin.
Residency Submission Materials:
Applications should take the form of one PDF document to include the following:
1) Up-to-date CV (2 pages max)
2) A statement about your art practice, detailing themes, working methods and use of media (300 words max);
3) A project proposal including details of project timeline and required technical resources (300 words max);
4) Examples of work: documentation in the form of images or Youtube/Vimeo link. Please include the following details: title, medium, date of work. (10 Photographic works max)
These residencies are supported by Facebook Art Department. Facebook Art Department has a collective mission to encourage creativity, innovation, openness and connectivity through art and design.
Interviews will be held.