Solstice Arts Centre is looking to recruit two experienced Technicians to work with our House technical crew on get-ins, fit-ups, get-outs and to cover show calls, general stage maintenance and galleries.
You may also be assigned to operate sound or lighting, or to stage-manage incoming shows where house help is required by the company. The successful candidate will also work in our visual arts spaces as part of the house gallery technical crew on the maintenance, installation and removal of exhibitions.
To be considered, you will require previous technical experience in one or more of the
- Stage experience in sound, lighting or stage management
- Visual Arts handling and installation
- Venue technician experience
- Digital/AV experience
- A working knowledge of Strand Palette and ETC lighting consoles and/or Midas digital sound console
- Current Safe Pass and Manual Handling certification and willingness to undergo further training as appropriate. A current certificate in Occupational First Aid
would also be advantageous;
- A working knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation and a willingness to work within same and to ensure its application by others using the stage;
- Flexible availability; due to the nature of our business you will be required to work anti-social hours and weekends, you should be able to make your way to and from Solstice without reliance on public transport;
- A positive team player with an affable manner and good communication skills. You will be required to build comfortable working relationships with venue
crew, staff and incoming companies/artists both amateur and professional.
Apply with CV and Cover letter or request further information by emailing: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm August 27th, 2021