ART CAMP LEADERS
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our teams of leaders nationwide.
Bring the joy of art and design to primary kids by delivering hands-on, interactive camps with Designer Minds. This role involves travelling to various venues, bring art, design and tech equipment and guiding children through a range of interactive art activities; painting, drawing, upcycling and sculpting as well as some digital art skills such as creative coding, animation and graphic design. You will be provided with the lesson plans, training and equipment.
Travelling is essential as Designer Minds events do not take place in a fixed location. This job involves travelling to a different venue each week for summer camps. It is important that you have your own car so that you may transport the materials required for the children’s activities. Designer Minds leaders work in groups of 2-3.
Most camps are scheduled from 9am-1pm, Monday to Friday, with afternoon camps on some weeks also, from 2-6pm.
This is a fantastic experience for teachers, special needs assistants, early childhood experts and professionals with a background in the STEAM subjects or ARTISTS / ART TEACHERS. It is an opportunity to develop skills in a vibrant and forward-thinking educational environment. Pay rate is dependent on position and experience. A travelling allowance will also be provided.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants must have experience working with children.
- Applicants should have a qualification in education OR ART OR in a STEAM related field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Maths). Third level students of these disciplines should also apply.
- Applicants need to have their own mode of transport with full licence and insurance.
- You must be willing to travel to a number of different venues. A car is necessary to transport, store and carry boxes of Designer Minds kit each week and you will need to be responsible for maintaining/charging supplies when needed.
- Excellent communication skills. Being capable of maintaining excellent relationships with children and parents with a friendly and sociable attitude. Being capable of communicating with head office in an efficient and professional manner.
- The ability to maintain discipline in a classroom setting and ensure the safety of all children.
- It is essential to be an excellent timekeeper and reliable.
- First aid training and manual handling certificate an advantage.
- Must be willing to be Garda vetted
Above all, you must be enthusiastic about working with children, with an upbeat, kind and friendly manner.
Salary: €13.00-€18.00 per hour