Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for inclusion on a panel for the following position Arts Officer – Roscommon County Council
Each candidate must, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms for the post:
- Hold primary degree or equivalent from a recognised awards authority majoring in a relevant area such as arts, arts management, visual culture, cultural studies, fine art, or the performing arts
- Have at least three years relevant and acceptable management experience in arts management or arts policy development.
- Have organisational and administrative experience.
- Demonstrate an understanding of National Arts Policies, the structures and policy informing the work of Local Authorities in an arts context,
- Have the creative and management expertise to drive the development and delivery of arts policies and the Arts Programme on a county level
- Have an in-depth knowledge of contemporary arts practice and the organisational culture of the arts in Roscommon. Possess a sound knowledge of international models of the best practice in Arts Policy.
- Hold a current full Irish/EU driving licence free from endorsement and have access to his/her own vehicle.
It is desirable that each candidate should have: –
- Evidence of excellent communication, management, administrative, interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Demonstrate an understanding and empathy with the creative process and conditions affecting the creative lives of artists.
- Experience in fund raising and developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrate a strategic vision for the delivery of a dynamic and visionary arts service for County Roscommon
- A proven track record in financial management.
- Experience of managing and developing policy across art forms