The National Gallery of Ireland wishes to recruit an ESB CSIA Assistant Librarian/Archivist in the Library & Archive Department on a fixed-term basis. The purpose of the role is to support research in the area of the visual arts in Ireland and to promote an interest in Irish art and its history.
Reporting to the Curator of the ESB Centre for the Study of Irish Art the successful candidate will:
- Support the daily operations of the ESB CSIA
- Support the general upkeep, care and maintenance of the CSIA collections
- Support reading room services, provide assistance to researchers and deal with enquiries
- Work closely and collaborate with the broader library and archive team on matters relating to collection care, development, management, access and engagement
- Support the processing and cataloguing of the Irish art archive and ephemera collections
- Contribute to the cataloguing of the Irish art library and special collections
- Assist in the development of collection management systems and the provision of online access to the collections
- Contribute to digitisation programmes and online projects
- Support collection development and acquisitions
- Oversee the administration of new accessions and the circulation, loan and movement of CSIA collections
- Assist with development and implementation of CSIA projects and programmes
- Contribute to planning and delivery of CSIA public engagement programmes
- Support both existing partnerships and opportunities to build collaborations with scholarly, cultural and heritage organisations.
- Contribute actively to promoting the ESB CSIA collections and services
- Work with colleagues across the Gallery to support public and research programmes relating to Irish art
- Complete other duties as required
For full Job Description see: candidatemanager.net/….
Note: This job description is a guide to broad areas of responsibility and accountability and should not be regarded as a comprehensive listing. The job description may be subject to review in the view of new structures and / or the changing needs of the Gallery. All employees are required to be compliant with NGI screening, security and Garda vetting procedures
Grade and Salary: Salary will be in accordance with point 1 of the Assistant Keeper II Salary Scale (PPC), currently €32,321 per annum. Candidates should note the National Gallery of Ireland complies with Department of Public Expenditure and Reform regulations and guidelines on Public Service pay and conditions of employment
Duration: 2 year fixed-term contract
Working hours: Full time, 5 days a week – 37 hours per week (net of breaks) onsite and/or remotely. Please note, flexibility is required and the successful candidate may be required to work occasional late evenings and weekends
Closing date for receipt of applications: 18 August 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing: 23 August 2021
How to apply: Please upload a cover letter and curriculum vitae here. Candidates should note that panels may be formed from which future positions may be filled.
Candidates should note that panels will be formed from which future positions may be filled.