Position: Box Office Assistant (min. 15 hrs p.w.)
The contract offered is for a period of six months. You will undertake whatever duties are assigned to you by the Director of Solstice Arts Centre.
Responsible to: Front of House Manager/ Operations Manager
- To provide cashier and ticket booking service for Solstice Arts Centre
- To act as main receptionist for Solstice Arts Centre
- To undertake box office system training or any other training that maybe required by Solstice Arts Centre
- To be responsible for reconciling daily box office sales and processing cash deposits.
- To liaise with Ticketsolve and IT Support to ensure the necessary systems are working appropriately
- To liaise with the Marketing Department of Solstice Arts Centre to maximise the advertising of events in the Centre
- To prepare box office reports, spreadsheets of daily sales and event deposit summary.
- To order, maintain and manage all merchandise for sale. To be responsible for mail order ticket processing
- To assist with tourism related duties including dealing with tourism queries at reception
- To maintain the tourism brochure display area to a high standard replacing brochures as required
- To keep the box office area neat and tidy at all times
- To organise repair of equipment if necessary in the box office area
- To meet and greet all Solstice’s Patrons and ensuring their welfare is paramount at all times when in the Centre
- To ensure that a positive image is projected of Solstice Arts Centre
- To check and ensure that dressing rooms are ready for artists when they arrive at the Centre
- To comply with in house systems, policies and procedures
- To work as part of the wider Meath Arts Centre team in contributing towards the objectives of the organisation and to carry out other tasks commensurate with the duties of box office assistant.
- To wear, if requested an appropriate uniform as may be provided for you for the purpose of your work and with the general level of the responsibility of this post observe any dress code the Arts Centre may decide on
- In the case of an emergency evacuation of the building, assist in the evacuation in a calm and coherent manner
- To comply with in house policies, systems and procedures at all times
- To undertake any training that maybe required by Solstice Arts Centre
Apply with CV and Cover letter or request further information by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 046 909 2300.
Closing date for applications: 25 October, 2021.