Wandesford Quay CLG Caretaker/Facilities Manager
Wandesford Quay CLG is a management company formed by Cork City Council in 2000, to administrate the management of the Wandesford Quay Complex which houses three arts organisations: Backwater Artists Group, Cork Printmakers & The Lavit Gallery. Wandesford Quay CLG is hiring a caretaker/facilities manager to conduct general maintenance of the building, monitor health & safety in the building, liaise with contractors and service providers and liaise with all three organisations in the Wandesford Quay complex to ensure the smooth running of the premises.
The Caretaker/ Facilities Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Wandesford Quay building, grounds and services of Wandesford Quay CLG.
- The Caretaker/Facilities Manager is responsible for making sure the building, including furniture, equipment and fittingsare in proper working order and maintained to an excellent condition.
- Carrying out minor repairs and other general maintenance such as painting, cleaning, changing light bulbs and unblocking drains.
- Scheduling and supervise plumbers, electricians, fire safety contractors and other outside contractors to ensure that work is completed to a satisfactory standard and place of work is returned to order.
- Liaise with the WQ Administrator in the preparation of monthly reports for Wandesford Quay CLG on building/maintenance.
- Liaise with the WQ Administrator to keep records of contractor visits and work carried out.
- Monitor contractors on site and keep a record of their permits to work and site safety plans etc..
- Attend operations meeting when asked.
- Source suppliers, negotiate prices renegotiate annual contracts for building maintenance and equipment, including all health and safety items (Fire Extinguishers, alarm, Lift Services, Drains maintenance etc..)
- Monitor utilities and proactively source more energy efficient resolutions.
- Manage heating and ventilation schedule as decided by the line manager and/or between specified staff of occupying organisations.
- Ensure disabled access to and from the building where necessary.
- The premises, courtyard and common areas should be kept clean and any litter removed, rubbish put out for collection, and any graffiti to be cleaned up. Regular cleaning and maintenance of toilets, including replacement of consumables (soap, toilet rolls, hand towels).
- Receive deliveries and manage on-site parking.
- Provide support to staff of the three organisations located in WQL as requested by specified staff members, in line with agreed procedures within the working day and as workload permits. Assistance may require light carpentry work.
Health & Safety
- Oversee Health & Safety in the building, liaise with management on any health and safety issues that may arise and complete Health & Safety Training as required.
- Carry out daily/monthly/annual Health & Safety checks including fire alarm tests and organise bi-annual fire drills. Record same in the fire book.
- To improve or recommend improvements to any procedures and produce reports, as a result of any reported incidents in order to reduce risk and prevent this incident reoccurring.
- To attend Health & Safety meetings and report to the Health & Safety Committee.
- Ensure the building is compliant with all statutory health and safety testing e.g. gas and electrical safety checks, fire alarm testing, lift servicing etc..
- Ensure the building is secure and act as a security presence. Direct visitors to the relevant organisations based within the building.
- The Caretaker/Facilities Manager will be a key holder for any alarm call outs.
- Experience of working within a Caretaker or Facilities Management environment with responsibility for monitoring services and standards.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- The ability to manage a busy workload efficiently and to prioritise key tasks.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to multi task.
- Some technical skills e.g. carpentry, general handyman skills
- A positive “can do” attitude and a willingness to become totally involved with Wandesford Quay’s mission and function.
- An excellent knowledge of Health & Safety practices.
- Ability to manage own time and work alone.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
Place of Work:
Wandesford Quay Complex
The caretaker will report to a Line Manager appointed by Wandesford Quay CLG and shall operate day to day duties in liaison with the three resident arts organisations of Wandesford Quay.
Some flexibility may be required regarding working outside normal working hours on occasion.
27.5 hours per week (8am – 1.30pm)
Salary: €16 per hour
Appointment: 1 Year Contract. This post is subject to a satisfactory 3 month probationary month. Reference checks will be carried out.
To Apply: Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to via email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Monday 29th November 2021
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 7th December 2021
Start Date: Monday, 13th December2021
Please note your information will be stored in compliance with GDPR requirements and will only be used to assess your eligibility for the available position.