Reporting to: Programme Manager
€15 per hour, 20 hrs per week.
- To maintain the arts centre and surrounding grounds to the highest standards of cleanliness and tidiness
- To supervise and monitor maintenance and cleaning contractors in the building
- To undertake maintenance work around the centre including green-keeping and cleaning
- To support the visual arts production team in the preparation and maintaining gallery spaces.
- Set up of equipment and preparation of different areas for various meetings and classes
- To supervise the collection of refuse and recycling at the centre
- To liaise with the Front of House Manager with regard to Health & Safety procedures
- To be responsible for the security of the building including opening and locking the arts centre.
- To check fire alarms weekly, security systems and keep appropriate records
- To supervise deliveries to the centre and assist in their transport
- To maintain inventory of Maintenance supplies and requisition
- To keep a schedule of weekly, monthly and annual maintenances records
- To regularly report on matters in relation to maintenance of the Centre
- To be compliant and knowledgeable with Health & Safety, fire, emergency evacuation and child protection policies for Solstice Arts Centre
To receive and deliver post
- To assist Front of House in the stocking of the bar
- To wear an appropriate uniform (if requested) as may be provided for you for the purpose of your work and observe any dress code the Arts Centre may decide on
- To comply with in house systems and policies and procedures at all times
- To work as part of the wider Solstice Arts Centre team in contributing towards the objectives of the organisation and to carry out other tasks commensurate with the general level of the responsibility of this post
- Relevant experience in general maintenance work
- Candidates must have IT Skills
- Be available to work weekends and night-time (occasional)
- Interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within an established team environment and equally on own initiative
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
It is desirable that candidates will also have First Aid qualification or other Health & Safety certification.
- Be a team player
- Motivated and positive
- Attentive to detail in relation to quality
For queries/to apply email: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 8th, 2022. Please include your Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in your application.