Roscommon Arts Centre is a multi-disciplinary arts venue in Roscommon town. Funded by Roscommon County Council and The Arts Council, the centre has recently re-opened after a major re-development which has included the addition of a new purpose built, ground floor gallery space, two new artist studios and a workshop space.
Roscommon Arts Centre is seeking a Service Provider qualified to develop and deliver the visual art programme for the centre for 2020-2021. Services required include the curation of the 2021 exhibition programme and the remainder of the 2020 programme; developing the associated education programme and a new public engagement strand within the allocated budget.
The Service Provider should be able to demonstrate an extensive knowledge of contemporary visual art practices nationally and internationally; possess a third level or similar qualification and/or a minimum of 3 years experience working in a relevant field.
- A related third level qualification OR qualified by experience with at least 3 years’ relevant experience working in a relevant field
- Experience of working in the cultural sector and specifically in the area of visual arts programming
- A knowledge of how to develop and deliver public engagement, participatory, and learning programmes
- Experience of working with artists at all stages of their careers and turning ideas into innovative and ambitious programmes
- Experience collaborating with agencies and working with a wide range of people, including individuals and groups, young people, schools, local authority departments, and voluntary sector agencies
- Budget planning and management experience
- Recognised industry qualification and/or related third level qualification
- Experience of working in a multi artform venue or festival
- A track record in curating visual art events
The Service Provider will be expected to be on site for an average of 16 hours per week (the equivalent of two days) working from Roscommon Arts Centre as determined by the programme. Due to the nature of the post, a degree of flexibility will be necessary.
Further Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline: 5pm Friday 28th February 2020
Duration of Contract: March 2020 – December 2021
Contract Fee: €24,000
This post is co-funded by Roscommon County Council & The Arts Council of Ireland