Job Title: Digital Content Executive
Reports to: Head of Digital Marketing
Location: Dublin South
Job Type: 11 Month fixed-term contract, with opportunity to become permanent
The role will also require the development of new creative, identifying existing gaps in the College’s website offering as well as taking account of competitors and new trends within higher education and the broader creative sector as well as displaying a large amount of previous graduates work.
Key skills include strong visual and written communication, the ability to work to tight deadlines, the ability to work with multiple stakeholders, and a superb understanding of social and digital marketing.
- Ensuring that the wide range of creative faculty assets are used effectively on Griffith.ie – video, photography, animation, graphic design, case studies, testimonials.
- Sourcing content from award-winning alumni, learners, lecturers, staff and industry to effectively promote the creative faculties.
- Day to day copywriting of blog, news and course page content for creative faculties on Griffith.ie;
- Updating Griffith.ie with creative faculty news items and event content;
- Overseeing all photography and imagery used on social media and the website for creative faculties;
- Planning, creating and implementing conversion-focused content for the website and CRM marketing regarding creative faculties;
- Assisting the creative team with the design of promotional materials.
- Project managing bloggers and copywriters;
- Working with photographers and design agencies to develop outstanding creative assets.
- Auditing and analysing the creative faculties’ digital presence to maximise effectiveness.
- Creating content for and arising from creative faculty events and exhibitions.
- Utilising SEO methods to increase site traffic.
- Monitoring social media and company website metrics.
- Developing engaging content and overseeing all organic and paid posts for Griffith’s creative faculties on platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and LinkedIn via daily updating of an agreed content calendar;
- Developing and implementing a social media strategy for creative faculties, working with the faculties and the College’s digital team;
- Ensuring social media aligns with the creative faculties’ calendar of activities and key intake timelines.
- Ownership and planning of budgets for content creation, social advertising campaigns and website development work relating to creative faculties;
- Overseeing AdWords campaigns for creative faculties to maximise the search visibility of key course terms.
- Using social media to engage consumers, respond to questions or complaints, and to promote company initiatives.
Structure of the Role:
Approximately 75% of the person’s time initially will focus on the creative faculties’ presence on Griffith.ie, with the remaining 25% focusing on social media promotion for the faculties. Please note this may vary depending on the time of year and on particular projects that may arise.
Minimum Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Excellent digital and communication skills, particularly visual creative skills. A strong team player, they must have the ability to multi-task and work to very tight deadlines with different audiences.
- Excellent knowledge of the main social media platforms, experience of running paid social media campaigns, and the ability to create engaging and impactful content.
- Proven track record in developing and displaying engaging content to the relevant audiences and stakeholders. An understanding of SEO best practices.
- A degree in multimedia, marketing, communications, photography, animation or graphic design is desirable.
- Facebook Blueprint certification, or similar qualification, is desirable.
- Strong listening and communication skills and the capacity to work independently and collaboratively. They must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy.
About Griffith College
Established in 1974, Griffith College is Ireland’s largest independent 3rd level institution with locations in Dublin, Cork and Limerick. The main campus is situated on seven acres within a mile of St. Stephen’s Green on Dublin’s South Circular Road. Griffith College enjoys national and a growing international reputation for student success. The College has gained an enviable, award winning reputation for providing students with first class lectures and excellent study material. Griffith College offers internationally recognised postgraduate and undergraduate degree programmes, complimented by a wide range of professional, short term and corporate training educational solutions – in Griffith college, there is something for everyone. Today there are over 7,000 students studying in the College, which is a designated educational institute of the Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI). Click the link for more information. http://www.griffith.ie/
Why work for Griffith College?
- Stunning historical premises on 7 acres of land.
- Competitive salary.
- Training and Development opportunities.
- Free parking facilities.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline of proposed areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing environment within the Faculty and the College.
Griffith College is an equal opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to work full-time for any employer in Ireland. We thank everyone for their applications, however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.