WHO WE ARE…
A4 Sounds is a non-profit artist-run workspace and gallery in north-inner-city Dublin. Our mission is to transform the means by which cultural works are produced, accessed, and understood in Ireland, and by doing so to contribute to the development of a more just society. Guided by feminist, anti-racist, anti-capitalist, and LGBT-inclusive politics, A4 Sounds supports artists and activists who fight for change.
Our studio is one of the biggest artist-led spaces in Ireland, currently providing facilities and professional development support to 80 artists. We provide support to artists at all points in their creative process through access to arts production equipment, mentoring and training programs, and events facilities. We aim to provide professional artists with a rich environment to develop their practice, to experiment with ideas, and to collaborate with others across disciplines. We believe that art plays a fundamental role in shaping society, and that making facilities more accessible and providing support and opportunities to artists can have a beneficial impact upon the cultural and social fabric of Dublin city.
DIGITAL INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER
The Digital Infrastructure Manager is a new role within our organisation. They will join the core team at A4 Sounds and work directly with studio managers and studio members.
The Digital Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for the maintenance and updating of our website and online members forum, providing technical support to our studio members for our forum and management of our social media and marketing.
The responsibilities are broken into two key areas:
a. Website and Forum Maintenance (Back End)
- Maintenance and updating of our website, members forum and shop
- Providing technical support to studio members
- Log bookings and ticket sales, liaising with the gallery or education managers
- Addition and management of information to our website including exhibition pages, open calls and opportunities, news, workshops, and events
- Engage with WordPress and BuddyBoss Support
b. Social Media & Marketing (Front End)
- Work closely with the studio team and gallery team to develop creative and engaging social media strategies and content
- Help develop our online audience and mailing lists.
- Manage the day-to-day scheduling of content across our social media platforms
- Compile news and press releases for our mail outs.
- Promotion of studio members work and studio memberships
- Promotion of exhibition programming, open calls and education programme
- Answer general enquiries and provide customer support
HOURS & PAY
Part-time, 1.5 days a week.
€15ph / €9,360 per year
We will work with the successful candidate to define a weekly schedule for the role based on their availability and other commitments. During very busy times additional hours may be required and will be paid in addition to the hours stated above.
Necessary Skills & Experience
- Enthusiasm and appreciation for the contemporary arts
- Highly motivated with an ability to problem solve and learn new skills on the go
- Excellent writing, communication, and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment to tight deadlines
- Good understanding of WordPress
- Good understanding of social media & marketing tools
- Good computer literacy skills
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign or similar software
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner, to plan, and to manage several tasks simultaneously
- Great attention to detail
- Desire to develop skills and expertise required to fulfil the role successfully over time
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Great track record of website building & maintenance
- Great track record in planning and implementing social media campaigns
- Excellent understanding of WordPress
- Excellent understanding of BuddyBoss
- Excellent understanding of WooCommerce
- Good understanding of CSS
To apply please please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed by the studio team and shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Application Deadline: 26th October 2021