Rua Red wishes to appoint an Education and Outreach Executive (Maternity Cover) to oversee the Learn programme at Rua Red for a minimum of 5 months.
Rua Red wishes to recruit an energetic individual who will have a unique and exciting approach to engagement and access in contemporary art practice involving a wide range of groups and individuals.
- To devise and coordinate a programme of exciting, unique and challenging educational events that respond and engage with the gallery programme. (Workshops, talks, panel events, screenings)
- To work closely with the gallery artists to create a programme that strives to create new ways for people to engage with their work.
- To work closely with and coordinate Rua Red’s database of artists and facilitators (garda vetting, bookings for classes etc).
- To liaise with schools and colleges encouraging and advocating gallery visits, workshops and tours of the exhibitions.
- To plan, coordinate and facilitate public tours of the exhibitions.
- To plan and manage events outside the gallery programme e.g. children’s workshops, themed workshops and film screenings.
- To plan and manage events that reflect the organisation’s ethos of people, politics and place.
- To plan and manage Rua Red’s involvement in larger festivals, for example, Bealtaine, Redline Book Festival and Culture Night.
- To work closely with IT Tallaght (TU Dublin), NCAD Studio+ programme, College exhibitions, interns and work experience. (All programmes already in place)
- To work collaboratively with other venues within the Cultural Quarter (South Dublin County Council Library, The Civic Theatre etc).
- To develop and produce gallery education packs.
- To develop funding sources to support the growth of the education and outreach programme.
- An arts-related degree or Minimum of 3 years experience in an arts education role or similar.
- Good knowledge of contemporary art practice.
- Experience in designing and delivering an education programme.
- Experience of working with artists.
- Experience of working with a wide range of groups.
- Experience in facilitating workshops.
- Can work effectively within a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ensures that the vision for the organisation is understood and advocated effectively.
- Full Clean driving licence.
- Experience in Fundraising.
- Experience in delivering a strategy.
The position on offer for 25 hours per week. The duration of the contract will be for an initial 5-month term (maternity cover) the contract will be with South Dublin Arts Centre Company (SDACC).
Salary (Available on request).
Please send a current CV and cover letter stating your suitability for the position to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on 19 February.
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Visit www.ruared.ie for full details