Sample-Studios Facilities Coordinator
12 month Fixed Term Contract
3 days (24 hours) per week
€14 per hour
Sample-Studios is one of Ireland’s largest artist studios. At Sample-Studios, we launch, support and sustain creative careers and practices in Cork. We provide affordable and quality studios for over 75 artists and arts practitioners, in our premises in Churchfield and present an ambitious programme of public exhibitions and events in The Lord Mayor’s Pavilion and sites throughout Cork City, which engage over 15,000 people annually.
We deliver 3 residency programmes including Graduate Studio and Curatorial Residencies and the Radical Institute at Studios of Sanctuary Residencies for artists from an asylum seeker, refugee or migrant background. Sample-Studios delivers a year-round programme of professional development workshops and events for its members, in support of their artistic practices. We engage the community through five education and outreach programmes, including the Cork Creative Careers Programme, the Cork Young Curators and Critics Programme and PhotoGo Community Photography Programme. As our membership and programming continue to grow, Sample-Studios now seeks an experienced Facilities Coordinator.
The Facilities Coordinator will:
- Oversee the maintenance of Sample-Studios’ facilities in Churchfield Industrial Estate and The Lord Mayor’s Pavilion, Fitzgerald’s Park
- Provide technical support for the delivery of our exhibitions and events
- Invigilate our exhibitions and events programme.
- 3 days per week based in Sample-Studios, Churchfield and The Lord Mayor’s Pavilion, Fitzgerald’s Park.
- Working days will typically be Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Some evening work is expected during busy periods with a time-off in lieu system in operation.
- Rate of pay is €14 per hour.
- The contract will be for 12 months including a 3 month probationary period, with the role being reviewed in December 2022, dependent on continued programme funding.
- The Facilities Coordinator will report to the Artistic Director and work alongside the Financial Manager and Programme Coordinator.
For a full job description, visit: https://sample-studios.com/about/
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A relevant third level qualification or minimum of 2 years relevant experience in an arts-based discipline
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in an operational or technical coordination role, ideally within the arts sector.
- Exhibition technician experience, supporting installations of artwork in a variety of media. Demonstrable understanding of art handling best practice.
- A strong awareness/ experience of the arts/ creative sector regionally and nationally.
- Demonstrable ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast paced and deadline-orientated environment.
- You should be located within easy access of Cork City.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 17th December at 12noon.
Our recruitment timetable is as follows:
Application Deadline: Friday 17th December 2021, 12noon.
Interviews: Tuesday 21st December 2021
Shortlisting may apply and shortlisted candidates may be called to a second interview in January 2022.