Wexford County Council is seeking to deliver a contract for services for a Full-Time Film Co-Ordinator, working through the Arts and Economic Development Departments.
Aim: To develop film in County Wexford which increases indigenous and international film & TV production and provides local support and training to new and existing film and screen sector in County Wexford. The Co-Ordinator will oversee the preparation of a three year strategic plan for the county with the Screen Wexford Steering Group.
The Co-Ordinator will work closely with the Screen Wexford Steering Group which will consist of representatives from Wexford County Council; funders; the film and TV industry; statutory agencies and other relevant bodies.
- Engage and continue to work with local and national production companies to promote Wexford as a ‘Film Friendly’ County to attract future film and TV productions in the Screen Sector.
- Managing and Updating ‘Screen Wexford’ website with web designers -which includes local crew data base and locations data base and other facilities necessary for a film and TV production cluster.
- Co-ordinate training and development opportunities with stakeholders to support the Screen Sector.
- Co-ordinate funding submissions on behalf of the steering group where opportunities arise including possible corporate sponsorship, government grant schemes, tax incentives for the Screen Sector.
- Report to Screen Wexford Steering Group and convene review meetings with Steering committee as required.
- Develop a 3 year “Screen Wexford” Strategic Development Plan with Screen Wexford Steering committee in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Organise regular update meetings with Wexford County Council Departments to help create “Film Friendly Environment”.
- Co-ordination of funding submissions for the screen sector in Wexford.
- Tailoring filming permits and procedures to provide a seamless service for the Screen Sector to support the County as ‘film friendly’ for production companies.
- Promoting Co. Wexford as a film friendly location by attending shows and conferences, liaising with Screen Ireland and other film commissioners and film officers e.g., Attending ‘Focus’ – biggest event and meeting place for international production.
- Organising group meetings with local film makers and crew to build film community in County Wexford and provide feedback for the 3 Year Strategic Plan.