Finance & General Manager
Salary: €45,000 per annum
Closing date: Friday 22nd July 2022
Photo Museum Ireland is seeking an experienced Finance & General Manager to join our highly motivated team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Trustees, you will assume responsibility for the general administration and financial management of Photo Museum Ireland.
The successful candidate will have strong financial management, bookkeeping and organisational skills, be flexible, and be able to prioritise workloads as well as work on their own initiative. They will have at least 3 years of work experience in a role that has allowed them to develop the skills and competencies necessary to take on the role with confidence.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
● Oversight, supervision, and creation of the organisation’s financial records of day-to-day income and expenditure.
● Devising and implementing robust financial management strategies.
● Assisting other senior executives in financial budgeting for grant applications and liaising with funding bodies on financial reporting.
● Responsibility for Payroll and VAT returns, ensuring the company is tax compliant at all times.
Administration & Governance duties:
● Responsible for all reporting to the Revenue Commissioners, Charities Regulator, and maintaining documents relating to the SORP Governance Code.
● HR management of contracts, holiday entitlements, etc
● General office administration and record-keeping.
● Supporting the Board and the CEO in respect of fundraising activities.
● Carry out the role of Company Secretary, supporting the Trustees in carrying out related duties including attending and minuting Board meetings on a scheduled basis.
● Report to the Board and CEO on financial, governance, and administrative matters.
● Minimum of three years of experience in financial management, bookkeeping and office administration in a small/medium-sized business or charity.
● A professional accounting qualification sufficient to carry out the duties outlined.
● Proficiency across Accounts IQ or similar accounting software and Sage One Payroll or similar.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● The ability to work to deadlines and thrive in a dynamic working environment
● Accuracy and attention to detail
● Excellent spoken and written English language skills
● Familiarity with SORP Governance Code for Registered Charities
Terms of Employment:
● This is a full-time position based at Photo Museum Ireland. However, we are currently implementing hybrid working, with the possibility of working from home up to 2 days a week. This will be agreed upon in advance with the CEO and reviewed as required by the organisation.
● The salary is €45,000 per annum with a 6-month probationary period.
● Start date: immediate.
To Apply for the Role
Applicants are invited to submit by email to email@example.com
Please use the subject title: “Finance & General Manager [Your Name]”
• A CV outlining relevant experience and names (please include your name in the file title).
• A letter of motivation, outlining your reasons for applying, and addressing the job specifications and how you connect with the values of the organisation.
• Names and email/telephone contact details for two referees.
The deadline for applications is: 12noon on Friday 22nd July
It is expected that candidates will be interviewed over Zoom on Friday 29th July, or by arrangement.
We Welcome Applications
Equality is a key principle in Photo Museum Ireland and we wholeheartedly welcome applicants who reflect the diversity of Irish society. We encourage applications from all areas of the community regardless of your gender, sexual orientation, civil or family status, religion, age, disability, race or membership of the Traveller Community, or socio-economic background.
Photo Museum Ireland makes every effort to provide reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities or access requirements who wish to apply. If you have a requirement in this area, please contact the Photo Museum Ireland’s Diversity Officer, Tanya Kiang, by phone (01 6714654) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as early as possible before the deadline.
Founded in 1978 as ‘Gallery of Photography’, Photo Museum Ireland is the national centre for photography in Ireland. Dedicated to fostering a dynamic photography culture, we support artists to develop, produce and present their work to the highest international standards. Our free exhibitions showcase the best of contemporary Irish and international photography, foster artistic talent, and encourage critical engagement with photography. Our in-house, artist and engagement programmes combine with national, international and online programmes to deepen and diversify opportunities for wider audiences to engage with photography.
Photo Museum Ireland is funded by The Arts Council, Dublin City Council and by many generous individuals who love photography and love what we do.
Photo Museum Ireland is a registered charity, RCN 20206237, CHY 22855