Photo Museum Ireland (the new name for the ‘Gallery of Photography’) is the national centre for photography in Ireland. They are dedicated to developing the art of photography for the benefit of the people of Ireland.
Finance & General Manager
Photo Museum Ireland are seeking an experienced Finance & General Manager to join our highly motivated team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Trustees, you will assume responsibility for the general administration and financial management of Photo Museum Ireland.
The successful candidate will have strong financial management, bookkeeping and organisational skills, be flexible, and be able to prioritise workloads as well as work on their own initiative. They will have at least 3 years of work experience in a role that has allowed them to develop the skills and competencies necessary to take on the role with confidence.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Oversight, supervision, and creation of the organisation’s financial records of day-to-day income and expenditure.
- Devising and implementing robust financial management strategies.
- Assisting other senior executives in financial budgeting for grant applications and liaising with funding bodies on financial reporting.
- Responsibility for Payroll and VAT returns, ensuring the company is tax compliant at all times.
Administration & Governance duties:
- Responsible for all reporting to the Revenue Commissioners, Charities Regulator, and maintaining documents relating to the SORP Governance Code
- HR management of contracts, holiday entitlements, etc.
- General office administration and record-keeping.
- Supporting the Board and the CEO in respect of fundraising activities.
- Carry out the role of Company Secretary, supporting the Trustees in carrying out related duties including attending and minuting Board meetings on a scheduled basis.
- Report to the Board and CEO on financial, governance, and administrative matters.
- Minimum of three years of experience in financial management, bookkeeping and office administration in a small/medium-sized business or charity.
- A professional accounting qualification sufficient to carry out the duties outlined.
- Proficiency across Accounts IQ or similar accounting software and Sage One Payroll or similar.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to work to deadlines and thrive in a dynamic working environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- Familiarity with SORP Governance Code for Registered Charities
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position based at Photo Museum Ireland. However, we are currently implementing hybrid working, with the possibility of working from home up to 2 days a week. This will be agreed upon in advance with the CEO and reviewed as required by the organisation.
- The salary is €45,000 per annum with a 6-month probationary period.
- Start date: immediate.
How to apply:
Applicants are invited to submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject title: “Finance & General Manager [Your Name]” and include:
- A CV outlining relevant experience and names (please include your name in the file title).
- A letter of motivation, outlining your reasons for applying, and addressing the job specifications and how you connect with the values of the organisation.
- Names and email/telephone contact details for two referees.
The deadline for applications is: 12noon on Friday 22nd July.
It is expected that candidates will be interviewed over Zoom on Friday 29th July, or by arrangement.
If you need further assistance or advice about this opportunity, please contact: Trish Lambe, CEO & Artistic Director, Photo Museum Ireland, email@example.com