Job title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Gallery Manager
Hours of work: 16 hours per week
Salary: 31,000 euros per annum pro rata
Contract type: Fixed-term 12 months
Closing Date: Tuesday 26 April 2022 at 5PM (GMT)
Interviews: Week beginning 9 May 2022
The Douglas Hyde Gallery of Contemporary Art is seeking applicants for the part-time fixed-term role of Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
The Douglas Hyde Gallery of Contemporary Art is a space to see and learn about contemporary art. We place artists at the centre of what we do. We support artists who push the boundaries of form and convention, and we aim to provoke new ideas. Co-founded by the Arts Council and Trinity College Dublin in 1978, The Douglas Hyde produces and commissions contemporary art, supporting international and Irish artists to make ambitious new work and present pivotal solo exhibitions by significant artists of the present and the future. Recent exhibitions include the first solo exhibitions in Ireland by Abbas Akhavan, Gabriel Kuri and Valérie Blass alongside solo exhibitions by Irish artists Yuri Pattison and Garrett Phelan. Located on the busy thoroughfare of the Nassau Street Gate of Trinity College, The Douglas Hyde holds a distinct position as a meeting point between the city of Dublin and the leading research university in Ireland.
The Douglas Hyde is recruiting for a part-time Marketing and Communications Coordinator. This new role will support across all aspects of digital marketing and contribute to the variety of digital content produced and disseminated by the gallery. Working closely with the DHG team, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for devising and delivering innovative marketing strategies to attract new diverse audiences to the gallery and engage further existing audiences.
- Develop and deliver new marketing strategies in dialogue with the Director, Gallery Manager and Learning & Engagement Curator
- Responsible for the organisation’s social media channels, including writing copy, editing images and scheduling posts
- Build relationships with partner organisations to increase engagement with audiences across all activities at the Douglas Hyde including exhibitions, events, screenings, projects, schools and education projects
- Lead on innovative marketing campaigns, bringing new ideas to discuss with the wider team
- Write and edit copy for printed material, including gallery signage, and online sources including website, social media, external listings and seek new platforms to share information about the Gallery’s programme
- Organise and edit images, and accompanying credits, for marketing purposes across social media, website and listings
- Support on events delivered onsite and online, capturing content to share with audiences online
- Maintain the website, in dialogue with the Learning and Engagement Curator, to ensure all documentation is up to date
- Support on producing video content for the website, including artist interviews and edit recordings from talks and events delivered as part of the wider programme
- Devise and implement innovative approaches to building new audiences online, that translate to audiences in the gallery
- Collate data from sources online, including Google analytics, impressions from social media and track website analytics
- Devise and lead on paid marketing campaigns
- Support in building press engagement in exhibitions, collate and file press material relating to exhibitions and projects
- Support on compiling reports to project partners and funders
Applicants are invited to submit:
- A covering letter summarising your interest in the position and evidence of your ability to match the role criteria
- A curriculum vitae giving details of relevant experience.
- Names and contact details of two referees
The closing date for receipt of all applications is 5pm on Tuesday 26 April 2022. Applications will be accepted by email only and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Douglas Hyde Gallery of Contemporary Art is committed to equal opportunities. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and are committed to building a diverse workforce.