The Ark wishes to recruit a full-time Marketing Manager to provide maternity cover to provide strong leadership and management across all marketing and audience development activities for the organisation, creating and executing a cohesive marketing and communications strategy.
Founded in 1995, the Ark is a dedicated cultural centre for children born of a deeply-held belief in children’s right to art and culture as equal citizens within our society. Our mission is to create opportunities for children to love and discover art as a fundamental part of their childhood, no matter what their background or gender. Based in our architecturally award-winning home in the heart of Dublin’s Temple Bar, we commission, produce and present work for, by and about children, from the ages of two to twelve years old. On an annual basis, up to 30,000 attend programmes at The Ark, including professional development training for teachers and artists.
Key Responsibilities: Marketing & Communication
• To strategically direct all internal and external [national & international] programmatic and institutional communications and execution of marketing activities.
• To create short, medium and long-term marketing and communications strategies.
• To create and execute innovative, effective and targeted tactical marketing campaigns for all programmes and events.
• To plan, create and manage the budget for all on- and off-line advertising including AdWords, Google Display, other Display networks, Facebook Advertising, IPA, transport, broadcast, as required.
• To write and sign off copy for all marketing materials [flyers, posters, website content, press releases, newsletters, blogs etc.]
• To develop and execute online strategies that include website development, social media and on-line content & resources.
• To create and execute innovative and engaging social media content across all relevant platforms, key current platforms include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram, to maximise effectiveness and to grow our online reach.
• To coordinate the Communications Team meetings (made up of the General Manager and Visitor Services Team, with input from the Director and Development & Advocacy Manager as required) and ensure actions are carried out within the identified timeline.
For full Job Description see: Marketing-Manager-Maternity-Cover-Job-Description-2021.pdf
The Marketing Manager is a full-time role (35 hours per week) working mainly Monday-Friday, however some weekend and occasional evening work will be required. The role is primarily based at The Ark’s venue in Dublin, however most staff are currently working from home due to COVID-19 restrictions and it is anticipated that some level of remote working will continue to be available once restrictions are lifted. The Ark is open to discussing other flexible working options.
This is initially a thirteen-month fixed term appointment with a 6-month probationary period. There is a holiday entitlement of 20 days per annum, in addition to public holidays. There are also 5 company holidays allocated on Good Friday and over the Christmas period. Garda (police) vetting is a requirement of the appointment process.
Salary €38-€40,000 per annum depending on experience. All staff have access to a free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please send your application by email only to email@example.com with subject line ‘Marketing Manager Role’ The closing date for applications is Monday 16 August 2021 at 12pm.