Model maker/ Creative 3D artist required at All Shapes All Makes Ltd., Kilcoole, Co Wicklow. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in hand finishing parts, be a conscientious individual that is methodical in their approach, self-motivated and have excellent attention to detail. Applicants interested in applying for this position will be enthusiastic, with a flexible attitude to working hours and will be able to work under minimal supervision in a high-pressure environment without compromising on quality.
- To have good knowledge on how to use workshop machinery, a good understanding of hand craft and use of hand tools expected.
- Ability to understand and interpret architectural drawings, hand drawn sketches and written information and to interpret into physical making.
- Demonstrable aesthetic and design judgement, as well as high levels of accuracy and a continued passion for making models – from prototypes to large creative 3D makes.
- Comfortable using traditional processes and techniques of model making by hand as well as new technologies with knowledge/interest of current fabrication trends and techniques.
- Knowledge of laser cutting principles, experience on a variety of woodworking machinery, and 2D and 3D CAD software knowledge
- Painting, sanding and providing a high ﬁnish to projects when needed.
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines with a pro-active, problem solving approach and a collaborative working style. Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload. Skills to manage several simultaneous tasks/projects.
- Be able to maintain an ordered and tidy workstation
- Working times vary-40hrs. However flexibility and industry norms will require variation of these hours. Availability/flexibility required re location work- as one is often required to be available for on-site fittings.
- Previous relevant creative work in similar role is essential.
- Design related training in relative discipline is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Health and Safety guidelines, PPE and procedures relevant to workshop practice in Ireland is desired.
- Qualification/ training in the following an advantage- Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheel, Chemical Handling, Safe pass/Set Pass, MEWP, Working at Heights, First Aid
- Ability to use AutoCAD/ Rhino an advantage.
- Skill in the use of spray equipment and colour mixing an advantage
Contract: Fixed term- Start End of Nov 2019- End Nov 2020
Please send CV and details of previous creative work completed to: email@example.com
– Please put ‘Job Application’ in the subject header to ensure your application goes through to the right department.