AXIS BALLYMUN are looking for a Part time, fixed term contract for PR and Communications services (6 – 9 month contract)
Since it opened in 2001, Axis has become a cultural and community resource at the heart of the northside of Dublin. Axis provides opportunities for artistic experience of an international standard in Ballymun and beyond, and the facilities are a vibrant resource for community development organisations.
Position: Part-time, approx. 20 hours per week (flexi-time)
Location: Remote and in Axis
Timeframe: September 22 – March 23 with a possibility of extending
Reporting to: axis Director / CEO & Programme Coordinator
Salary: €30,000 gross pro rata per annum. Tenders from individuals working in a freelance capacity will also be considered.
- You will be responsible for the management of axis Ballymun’s press and media communications along with additional project support via pr and marketing activities, reporting directly to the director.
- The primary task is to promote awareness of Axis Ballymun’s many events, projects, programmes and productions among our key target audiences via local engagement channels as well as national and international press and media outlets.
- These audiences also include local communities, national and international theatre enthusiasts, artists and performers, production companies, similar industry organisations and partners, funders, policymakers, and others operating in the performing arts sector.
- To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate a track record (min. two years) of working in a communications role focused on pr, press and media – ideally within the arts sector, but not a necessity. This should include proven experience of placing press and media releases with local or national publishers or broadcasters, experience of planning and generating high quality content of all kinds, designing and implementing media campaigns, positioning and brand management, as well as proven knowledge of social media strategies for dedicated event / programme campaigns. You should also have experience of liaising with marketing and PR agencies, media outlets, the press and suppliers. A portfolio of work samples would benefit your application but is not essential.
- Additionally, you will have excellent writing skills, be deadline driven, great organisational and project management capabilities, and a natural flair for building relationships with axis Ballymun’s internal team as well as with our external audiences and board.
- Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and manage axis’s press and media strategies and campaigns for productions, projects, exhibitions, events and seasonal programmes.
- Plan and implement press campaigns, particularly pertaining to Axis’ 21st Anniversary: setting goals, defining messages, building relationships with journalists, editors and media outlets, and managing placement of stories/coverage directly with individual publications.
- Work with colleagues to maximise PR, communications and marketing opportunities preparing monthly (and seasonal) plans for both marketing and communications approach to axis many productions, events and projects.
- Organise and coordinate dedicated communication campaigns.
- Manage any external agencies in delivering communications, web and creative materials for a variety of campaigns, including negotiating terms and contracts when required.
- Track the effectiveness of campaigns through engagement on all levels and provide detailed campaign analysis and reports to the CEO and relevant arts team members.
- Proactively seek opportunities to communicate to diverse audiences about the organisation’s vision, opportunities, strategy, policy concerns and services, and actively place relevant stories / features about axis Ballymun in the local and national media.
- Act as a brand champion, ensuring consistent use of the corporate brand and including / acknowledging axis funders and partners.
- Ensure adherence to legislation, regulations and defined quality standards on all projects undertaken – ie GDPR, axis ethos, and various policies and procedures.
- Promote and represent axis Ballymun on committees, industry / networking events and at any relevant events as requested.
- Operate within agreed budgets seeking authorisation for expenditure and to be accountable for such expenditure authorised, and to ensure the appropriate coding of expenses.
- Copywriting and editing all content for press campaigns and briefs.
- Provide written reports as per deadlines requested.
- Undertake any other tasks as may be requested from time to time.
For detailed information on the role and the application process, contact Niamh via email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 5th Aug 2022 at 5pm.