The Complex seeks to recruit a full time Production / Technical Manager to join the team. The Production / Technical Manager is a key member of The Complex’s team and is directly responsible to the Artistic Director. They are responsible for managing the technical needs of the building as well as the technical requirements of all visiting artists/companies/organisations.
ART LIVES HERE
The Complex is the only multi-disciplinary arts centre in Dublin’s north inner city. It is committed to providing arts to all people and space to artists for all art forms. Combining sixteen studios, a large warehouse performance space and a gallery, it brings a diverse range of arts practitioners and audiences together in one dynamic place. The Complex is interested in work that is of meaningful social value and its mission is to enrich local communities and promote well-being with inspiring arts programmes. Programme range includes theatre, opera, dance, circus, music gigs, classical concerts, visual art exhibitions, festivals, club nights, launches, arts events, shoots, recorded live streaming.
PRODUCTION / TECHNICAL MANAGER JOB SPEC
2 year full-time contract
Salary: €35,000 p/a
Application deadline 27th March.
Interviews 30th / 31st March
Role and responsibilities
- The Technical Manager is responsible to the Artistic Director (AD)
- The primary part of the role is to manage the technical needs of the building
- Oversee the efficient running of the building: the performance space, studios and gallery.
- Manage the technical requirements of all visiting artists/companies/organisations
- Engage, assist and/or supervise any visiting production managers, technicians, lighting or sound designers, engineers or operators
- Respond to advance technical requests in relation to use of the venue and gallery
- Keep an updated technical specification list.
- Plan for improvements to the venue and/or its technical stock
- Supply budgets and quotes for equipment
- Maintain all technical equipment
- Ensure the health and safety of all the activities and events in the building.
- Enforce any issues of compliance
- Assume the nominated role of in-house Fire Safety Officer.
5 years professional experience essential
Flexible working hours, to include evenings and weekends as required
Please email a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com by Sunday 27th March.