Published: February 23, 2021 (1 week ago)
SciArt Residency is a residency programme jointly established by Kalamari Klub and IsoQuant, encouraging proposals by artists and enthusiasts who are aiming to develop a body of work based on creation, collaboration and experimentation within an artistic research process. The residency is scheduled for September to October 2021 and located in Heidelberg, Germany.
The application is open to all artists and photographers working with analogue and experimental photography, as well as all those who are working within science-influenced art and photography. While affinity for scientific topics is of advantage, no science knowledge is required. The minimum age at date of application is 18 years.
With the SciArt Residency programme, we aim to initiate curiosity-driven engagement between artists, scientists and other members of the society, promoting a spirit of co-learning and equality while helping to communicate knowledge through cross-disciplinary collaboration. A central part of the residency will be the active cooperation and exchange with scientists of the field. Before the beginning of the residency, the selected artist is invited to give a short presentation about their previous projects and research interests in order to initiate a conversation between scientists working within the CRC and the artist.
Offered by the residency:
- Access to fully equipped darkroom laboratory (black-and-white & colour photography)
- Network of scientists, physicists and artists
- Accommodation (apartment) in Heidelberg for the duration of the residency
- Coverage of travel costs to and from the residency
- Coverage of material costs during the residency
- Artist stipend of 700€ / month
How to Apply: Please e-mail all your application documents in one zipped folder, labelled „sciart_residency_lastname_firstname“ to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your .zip file exceeds 15MB, please provide a download link instead (Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc.). If you wish to submit additional physical material (prints, publications, work samples, etc.), please contact us in advance via email@example.com for further information.
- Application form (Download here)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation: tell us why you are applying and what you would like to work on during the residency (max. 1000 words).
- Portfolio: an overview of your projects, publications, research interests, your website and any other type of media that shows your work. Please include relevant dates and titles.
Website: Kalamari Klub