Open call for applications for a large studio space. Rua Red offers low-cost working spaces for visual artists. Studios are allocated for a period of between 1 to 3 years.
Rua Red exhibit the work of established Irish and International artists who are committed to producing work within a socio-political framework. The education programme reflects the organisations interests with place, politics and people through a challenging programme of events, workshops, screenings and performances that allow audiences and visitors to engage with the exhibitions through the mediums of music, dance, theatre and visual art.
The studio programme is viewed by the Board and management of Rua Red as integral to the success of the gallery and must support and enhance the organisation’s remit.
The studio available is 43msq, concrete floor with sink, storage and heating. North facing with natural light. The studio will be available to move into from February 2020 at €225 per month.
Further to your expression of interest, we would like to invite you to submit a formal request to take up tenancy in one of the studio spaces.
In order to ensure transparency, consistency and equity in the Selection process it is essential that your request consist of the following information:
- A Cover Letter with a descriptive narrative of your intended purpose for the studio e.g. preparation for exhibition solo/group, education project, public art project, research etc. (500 words maximum limit).
- Tell us for how long you will need your studio. Studios are allocated on an initial 12 month basis with the potential to extend that to a maximum of 36 months, project dependent.
- An Artist statement giving details of your practice (300 words limit).
- A description of how you feel your practice will support and enhance the remit of Rua Red (500 words maximum limit).
- A full Curriculum Vitae and accompanying visual images (jpeg images and web showreels).
- An image list.
Visit the Rua Red website for full details on how to apply: ruared.ie…/studio-enquiries