We are looking for an experienced professional with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude to join the Visual Artists Ireland team in the role of News Provision.
The role will facilitate the delivery of the news content of The Visual Artists News Sheet, twice weekly and monthly versions of the eBulletin, and VAI’s online presence (websites and social media accounts). The ideal candidate will have experience in creating and maintaining both print and online content as well as having a keen eye for details.
To be successful, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive with a can-do attitude as well as being accurate. They should always be focussed on the job in hand, prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly.
Candidates must be comfortable with computers (InDesign, Adobe Creative Cloud Applications, Wordpress, MS Office & G Suite), general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication.
Answering to the Office Manager, the News Provision person will work directly with our Publications Editor and our Advocacy & Advice Services.
• Structural editing, proofreading of texts, page layout for VAI publications;
• Reviewing and following up on all listings submitted for inclusion in: The Visual Artists News Sheet; the eBulletin and the VAI websites;
• Research for news content;
• Managing production schedules and budgets for VAI publications;
• Editing and page-layout of in-house VAI documents.
• Managing content for VAI websites including video, audio, and image editing and formatting;
• Managing content for VAI’s social media campaigns (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube);
• Working with the Lifelong Learning team to edit online content that supports our Lifelong Learning programmes and other services.
• Managing all Visual Artists Ireland’s advertising sales;
• Managing overall budgets for writers/print/advertising/post;
• Liaising with printers on all production details and sending final content;
• Liaising with An Post, mail distribution company and local delivery service;
• Checking competitive prices for mailing, delivery, print, software and other services on a regular basis;
• Handling delivery logistics and organised collections.
• Being part of the all-staff team and assisting when called upon by answering the phone and dealing with member queries/payments in a polite and efficient manner.
Administrative Assistant Requirements:
• Strong DTP skills (InDesign);
• Experience of Adobe Creative Cloud applications;
• Excellent English language skills essential;
• Attention to detail;
• Ability to remain focussed and calm under pressure and capable of prioritising tasks;
• Ability to work with a highly focused team of professionals with a desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
Salary Level: C
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 27th October 2020 : 5:30pm
Start Date: 1st December 2020 (subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions) with a three-month probationary period.
Applications should include:
A one page covering letter highlighting suitability for the role;
A two page professional résumé showing evidence of relevant experience
References from previous employers will be sought and checked prior to the final job offer.