This 10-week online course examines the oil painting process, from Old Master techniques to contemporary applications.
Throughout this course you will learn how to create complex, realistic, and luminous paintings – from portraits and figures to still lifes and landscapes. You will learn many oil painting skills and techniques as well as solving many common painting problems including how to:
- Simplify shapes and structures in grisaille
- Mix natural skin tones with a limited palette
- Subtly model form
- Create palettes based on different versions of the colour wheel
- Understand the Munsell Colour System, chroma, and temperature
- Handle edges, transitions, and blending
The methods and techniques shown reflect the standard approach to oil painting as currently being taught at all of the major realist painting academies worldwide. Suitable for beginners, this course also benefits advanced or professional artists, who might wish to reinforce some of these traditional skills and knowledge.
For further information, please email email@example.com or telephone 0876609644.