This is a fully comprehensive puppet fabrication course for anyone interested in building a puppet for stop motion animation.
This course includes all materials which are posted out to you prior to the course starting and on this course you will learn the following.
- How to design, plan, size and build wire and jointed armature
- How to fill and shape your puppet
- How to design, rig, sculpt, paint and create jointed, rigged shoes for animation with tie downs
- How to create rig points for your puppet for animation, running, walking and jump cycles.
- How to create replacement limbs with K&S
- Now to create a light weight head that’s replaceable
- How to create animatable eyes and eyelids
- How to create mouth replacements with magnets for lip synching
- How to create a skull cap and a wig with wiring for animation
- How to treat hair for your puppets wig
- How to draw up clothing patterns, cut and sew clothing in addition to treating fabric and leaving rig points for puppet tensioning
- How to make replacement hands and rig hands for movement
Each course date will teach you something new and with each course, homework will be set so that you have the time to carry on with what you have learned and perfect each stage of your puppet with every passing course date in addition to giving you the time to generate questions and fully understand the process of puppet fabrication for animation.