The Philadelphia Photo Arts Center is accepting applications for its 2020-2021 Artist Residency program. The deadline for applications is August 30, 2020, at midnight.
The intentions of the program are to assist talented, self-directed and committed artists in the creation of work by providing necessary financial support, access to high-end facilities and proper technical assistance and education. Our hope is to create a transformative experience that enriches the individual artist and the community of PPAC.
Because the Artist Residency program is intended to support working artists, students are not eligible to apply.
Offered by the residency:
- $2,500 honorarium
- $1,000 PPAC’s Artist Lab credit for ink usage fees and paper
- Waived hourly rental fees for printer and scanner use
- If necessary, $1,000 stipend for travel and/or housing
How to Apply: via online submission
- Letter of intent
- Clearly address the goals and expected outcomes of the residency
- Identify a preferred month within the residency term of Oct 1, 2020 – Jun 1, 2021
- Outline which lab equipment will be used for the project
- CV or Resume
- One page artist statement
- Discuss your most recent work
- Clearly outline your process and personal interest in making the work
- 15 – 20 images related to the intended project or recent work
- Files must be saved as JPEGs
Where: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Period: one month within the residency term of October 1, 2020 to June 1, 2021.