Deadline extended to April 17.
Artists are invited to submit their work in any medium for selection. The 2020 exhibition will be presented in VISUAL Carlow’s ground floor galleries, from 3 June – August 30.
Please note: there is a submission fee of €10 to apply. All artists selected will receive an artist’s fee of €300.
This year’s ARTWORKS Open Submission invites artists to submit work that takes up the theme of climate and our natural environment.
The exhibition will be titled The Sky is Blue, taking inspiration from John Tyndall, the eccentric Carlow Scientist who discovered why the sky was blue. Tyndall is understood to be one of the founders of climate science. 2020 marks the bicentennial of his birth in Leighlinbridge, Carlow.
There will be two awards, sponsored by Hotron for outstanding work presented:
SELECTORS: Emma-Lucy O’Brien Artistic Director VISUAL, Jo Mangan Carlow Arts Festival Director, and New York based artist and activist Katie Holten.
- Submission deadline is 15th March, 5pm
- All work submitted must have been completed between 2018 and 2020
- Submitted work must be available for sale.
- Film – based work may be submitted as part of the online process (YouTube or Vimeo link).
- Performative work, large scale work and outdoor work will be considered.
- Work is accepted for exhibition on merit. Copyright of all work is the property of the artist. Carlow Arts Festival and VISUAL, Carlow reserve the right to photograph work for publicity purposes.
- Submission fee of €10 to apply
- Artist fee of €300 for artists selected