CIACLA the Contemporary Irish Arts Center Los Angeles is delighted to announce a call for submissions for our Online Program 2020. CIACLA is a non profit arts organisation that promotes Contemporary Irish Culture and supports local diverse communities in Los Angeles through a multidisciplinary programme in collaboration with local and international cultural partnerships.
This program will provide an opportunity for artists living in the USA & Ireland to showcase their work across CIACLA social media platforms and website. Please note: there is no artist fee for participating artists.
Apply now via the short Application Form ciacla.com/online-program/
Aims of the Online Program:
– To continue to support artists through the COVID-19 crisis.
– To fundraise for future CIACLA programming.
– To advocate for the continued showcase of transnational contemporary art.
– To provide a creative platform for audience to engage with new and existing work from exciting contemporary artists working across disciplines.
– To continue to engage with their audience to generate new dialogues and enable an ongoing process of communication through creativity.
-To facilitate collaborative methods of showcasing contemporary culture, through public engagement and supports, while providing opportunities for contemporary artists through an exciting online program.
What are CIACLA looking for?
Visual Art – A video or images of visual art work to be presented on CIACLA social media and website.
Music – A video of a live performance – could be in your living room or in a concert setting.
Theatre – Piece performed to camera or a full stage play!
Literature – Reading your poetry to camera or telling a story.
Design – A video presenting your work.
Film – Short or Trailer to a feature.
Performance – Piece performed to camera or recording of previously performed work.
Dance – Piece performed to camera or recording of previously performed work.
Talks – A video of a lecture, roundtable discussion, or seminar on the arts.