The call for proposals for the Cultural Cooperation Projects in the Western Balkans is now online here
The overall objective of this call is to foster reconciliation and good neighbourly relations in the Western Balkans through cultural cooperation and creation.
Supported projects should benefit primarily the Western Balkans region with a focus on the priorities to:
- Increase the capacity of cultural and creative industries to operate transnationally and internationally
- Increase transnational circulation of cultural and creative works and transnational mobility of cultural and creative players
- Enhance inter-cultural dialogue between artists, cultural operators as well as the general public
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at EUR 5,000,000. The minimum grant amount per project will be EUR 100,000 and the maximum grant amount will be EUR 500,000. The grant amount requested may represent up to 85% of the total eligible costs of the project. The remaining amount shall be secured by the applicants. The Agency expects to fund around 20 proposals.
Eligible applicantsIn order to be eligible, a proposal must be submitted by a partnership composed of at least 5 organisations (project leader and partners) from countries participating in the EU Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance, as further specified below.Applicants (project leader and partners) must be:
- Organisations or associations, working in the culture and creative sectors (excluding audio-visual) or
- National Councils dealing with the cultural and creative sectors (excluding audio-visual) or
- Public bodies at local, regional or central level involved in the cultural and creative sectors (excluding audio-visual)
When submitting their application, the organisation to serve as project leader must be in a position to demonstrate its existence as a legal entity (with the same name and legal status) for at least 2 years on the date of the deadline for submission of applications.
Natural persons may not apply for a grant under the present Call for Proposals, either as project leaders, or as partners. Entities affiliated to the applicants are not eligible to receive funding under this Call for proposals. Project leader and partners must be established in the:
- EU Member States;
- Western Balkan IPA II Beneficiaries: Republic of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina,Kosovo*, Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia and Republic of Serbia
The partnership must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- at least 2 organisations (project leader and/or partners) established in at least 2 different Western Balkan IPA II beneficiaries
- at least 2 organisations of the partnership (project leader and/or partners) established in at least 2 different EU Member States Applicants are encouraged to propose a consortium with a majority of partners from the Western Balkans, and to include organisations that have had limited participation in the Creative Europe programme.