Cork Craft and Design is seeking a Curator to assist in the development and delivery of it’s showcase Exhibition for Cork Craft Month August 2020 in Working Artist Studios, Ballydehob, Co. Cork.
About the organisation:
Cork Craft & Design (CCD) is a membership organisation representing professional and semiprofessional craftspeople living and working in County Cork. CCD coordinate Cork Craft Month, which takes in August showcasing the quality of craft and design that exists in the county of Cork with over 60 events consisting of exhibitions workshops, demos and trails all over County Cork.
The CCD August flagship showcase exhibition will represent the best that CCD members have to offer. It is not discipline specific and will represent all sectors of craft such as textiles, ceramics, glass, furniture making, wood turning, jewellery, basketry, leather work etc.
The theme of this years Cork Craft Month is ‘Sustainability’.
The following will be the responsibilities of the curator:
• Planning, development and implementation of annual CCD Showcase Exhibition
• Plan a workshop / talk / demo that compliments the exhibition from one the participants
• The curator will work within the budget provided by the CCD Chairman for the exhibition
• The curator will prepare the open call to prospective participants in the exhibition
• The curator has responsibility for liaison with the organiser or owner of the venue
• The curator will ensure that signage and information will be organised for the exhibition
• The curator will organise the selection of work based on craftsmanship, design and excellence in making and communicate with all applicants
• The curator will organise the invigilation rota if this is required at the venue
• The curator will organise the hanging of the exhibition ensuring that all hanging and display arrangements are in place. The curator will design the exhibition space with curatorial direction in mind
Who can apply?
Anyone. There are no restrictions on age, education level, or any other factor.
How to Apply:
Cover letter that outlines your suitability for the project (no more than one side of A4) and CV to Maeve at firstname.lastname@example.org
The selected candidate will receive a curator’s fee of €1,250 with an additional production budget of €500