As part of the festival 11. Darmstadt Photography Days (24 April – 3 May 2020), the festival organisers and the society Kultur einer Digitalstadt (‘Culture of a Digitised City’) are providing an opportunity to international artists to apply for a three-month artist’s residency at Atelierhaus Ludwig-Engel-Weg 1 on Rosenhöhe in Darmstadt, Germany. The residency is supposed to enable the artist(s) to escape from everyday life, with the aim of finishing or developing an art project. The results of the residency will be exhibited in the Atelierhaus during the festival.
The residency will take place 3 February – 3 May 2020. Residents will be given the opportunity to live and work at an inspiring space, and to prepare and realise a solo exhibition and artist talk / public presentation within the festival.
- Accommodation in a fully furnished three-room apartment house on Rosenhöhe.
- Artist’s fee of 1500 EUR per month (three months in total; 250 EUR of each monthly fee will be kept as a deposit on the apartment).
- Their own working space, in close proximity to the adjacent Atelierhaus, equipped with a kitchenette and desk.
- Access to the Atelierhaus for the exhibition.
- Travel allowance for travel to/from Rosenhöhe and from/to current place of residence. Necessary research trips during the residence within the Rhine-Main area will also be supported by the programme.
- Joint conception, production costs (up to 2000 EUR), as well as support during the installation of the solo exhibition.
- Promotion and research support.
- Curatorial and professional supervision, as well as access to interesting meetings, exhibitions and events within the art scene of Darmstadt.
- Bike, Wi-Fi, a DIN A4 b/w printer as well as information material about Darmstadt.
The residency programme is open to photographers, media artists, and artists who are mainly occupied with photographical or cinematic procedures. Solo artists or collectives of maximum three people are invited to apply.
For more see: dtdf.de/en/artist-in-residence/