PAID INTERNSHIP | ERASMUS – Crete
Froso Bora – Pottery Workshop Assistant
Location: Chimaras 25, Rethymno 741 00e.
Duration: 3 Months
Company Description: A pottery workshop that offers handmade traditional and contemporary pottery of high quality and aesthetic. A ceramics exhibition is available and there is a retail and wholesale shop in the workshop. The workshop accommodates groups from schools, clubs, tourists and individual visitors giving them the opportunity to not only learn this ancient art but with the help of our staff create a ceramic object if they desire.
Role Description: During the 13 week internship, as a Pottery Workshop Assistant, assisting with the creation of ceramic objects. The main tasks of the participant will include:
● Assisting in the design and production of ceramic objects
● Prepare work for sale and exhibition Preferred Applicant profile:
● Knowledge of ceramics equipment and processes
● Able to create ceramic art in both hand built and wheel thrown forms
● Knowledge of firing electric kilns preferred
● Some knowledge in firing gas kilns preferred
● Small metals and welding knowledge a plus