The Atrium at Áras an Chontae offers a contemporary space suitable for exhibition of work appropriate to the design and scale of the space. Offaly County Council Arts Office recognises the benefit in awarding solo exhibitions in Áras an Chontae both as a form of promoting the arts and as a conduit for launching artists careers. Opportunities are given primarily to local artists to stage solo exhibitions and to participate in group shows in line with the adopted exhibition policy for the space and the resources available. Consideration will also be given to voluntary arts organisations and schools within Offaly. The Arts Office will also use the space to showcase projects and exemplary practice in the arts.
The Atrium is now open to proposals from Offaly based community and voluntary organisations, arts organisations, schools and professional artists who wish to exhibit during the period March 2020 – February 2021.
Please note: There is no artist fee or budget for selected artists. Exhibitors are responsible for all costs relating to the exhibition including: hanging, launch, insurances, framing,transport etc. The exhibitor is also responsible for any costs of repair to the Atrium as a result of the exhibition. There is no commission charged on sales, artists are required to handle all sales and money transactions.
The following will be considered for exhibiting in the Atrium:
- Public consultation exhibitions in the area of local authority activities
- National/Regional/County State and Public Service Exhibitions
- Exhibitions which aid in the promotion of arts, culture, heritage and social history and the development of the county
- Solo exhibitions of new works from professional artists born in or domicile in the countyInvited contemporary national or international artists particularly where the exhibition relates to Offaly
- Group exhibitions of/by county artists, community/voluntary organisations and schools within Offaly
- Independently professionally curated group exhibitions particularly where the exhibition relates to Offaly
- Exhibitions, promotions, auctions etc which seek to raise funds for local needs and charities
- Exceptional requests which deviate from this policy, will be considered and adjudicated on by the Cathaoirleach and the Chief Executive on foot of recommendations from the Arts or other relevant section.