R-Space (Lisburn) have launched an Open Call that represents a unique opportunity for one NI Artist/Maker to undertake the following:
- To create work (in any media) for Three Lavish Windows- Rococo Style inspired by The Wallace Collection and complimenting the existing gallery floor exhibits. The artist may ‘animate’ the three ground floor windows in a mobile/moving methodology, change is to be encouraged and performance art a possibility. Depending on legislation, the artist may have sole use of gallery space before and during the exhibition and may also use the first week of the exhibition for a phased ‘reveal’ process.
- The artist fee of £2000 will include materials, transportation and the provision of digital content for the organisation including a recorded artist talk, high resolution images of the work and any other relevant expenditure or activity associated with the artistic delivery of the exhibition.
- A physical residency in London is not possible this year due to Covid-19 restrictions, so the selected artist will be expected to perform their own research of, and liaison with The Wallace Collection, under the guidance of Project Manager Anthea McWilliams.
Re: New Wallace #4 will run from 17 April – 14 May 2021 and will include a celebration of Re: New Wallace 1, 2 & 3 featuring the work of Alison Lowry (Glass), Vincent McDonnell (Ceramics) & Robert Peters (Print) in the main gallery space, plus three Lavish Rococo Style window displays by the selected artist for 2021.
See rspacelisburn.com for details of 2020 exhibition.
Required response documents by Tuesday, 9 March 2021 at 5pm:
- A one-page (at least 250 words) personal statement containing details of how you feel you are suited to this open call.
- CV (no longer than one side of A4)
- 5 x images to include previous work, and drawings / images / artist impressions which you feel support the artistic brief.
Proposals must be emailed to Anthea McWilliams and Robert Martin via email@example.com. Images must be in jpeg / png / pdf format and documents in Word or PDF. Any high-resolution images can be sent via Google docs link / Dropbox / WeTransfer.
- The inclusive Artist fee for this project is £2000.
- All artworks will remain the property of R-Space.
- Some R-Space materials may be available for artists use.
- It is not essential that the artist has visited the Wallace Collection, but desirable.
- Window measurements can be found at rspacelisburn.com/who-we-are…
- Please email Anthea McWilliams at firstname.lastname@example.org with any further queries.