The Four Nations International Fund supports individuals and organisations in developing international partnerships and co-creation projects.
This pilot fund, now open, is designed to encourage in-person, digital and hybrid collaboration:
- between artists, creative practitioners and organisations from the four nations across the UK
- counterparts from elsewhere in Europe and beyond.
The arts and culture sectors of all four nations across the UK thrive on international collaboration and exchange. This fund invites artists, cultural professionals and organisations to consider where that collaboration could be also enhanced by closer working between England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Applications will require applicants to have at least one partner from another of the four nations of the UK in addition to at least one international partner.
What’s the budget for this fund?
The budget for this initial pilot round is £100,000, and we anticipate making 20–30 awards in total across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Who can apply?
In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be based in one of the four nations of the UK – England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales
- Be a creative practitioner working in the arts and creative industries or an organisation working in the arts and creative industries
- Have a UK bank account in their name
And must have:
- Confirmed commitment from at least one artistic or creative partner based in another of the four nations – England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales (this can be an individual or organisation)
- Commitment from an international artistic or creative partner (this can be an individual or an organisation). This will fund will also prioritise international partnerships within Europe.
For full eligibility details, please see the fund guidance.
- Fund opens – 21 October 2021
- Application deadline – 12 noon, 11 November 2021
- Decisions received – w/c 13 December 2021
- Projects to start – between 10 January 2022 and 31 March 2022
- Projects to be complete – by 31 March 2023
How to apply
Please download the Fund Guidance, FAQs and Timeline Template to prepare your application.
The fund is now open, and you can apply online using My Creative Scotland, our online funding portal.