In order to consolidate its team and structure in the wake of upcoming challenges within the art world of ‘the Americas’ for the year 2022, the cultural platform and magazine Terremoto is looking for an emerging or mid-career art curator or editor with relevant writing, publishing, project management, and fundraising experience, to act as its Guest Editor & Curator for 2022.
The Guest Editor and Curator will work closely with Terremoto’s team in order to:
- Co-commission content for the magazine’s print and online platforms.
- Support existing curatorial programmes of the organisation, such as La Postal, and help conceive new ones in a collaborative fashion.
- Participate in the organisation’s fundraising and development strategies, through new ideas, methodologies and a personal network of contacts.
- Part-time (approx. 2 full days a week with a 4-week vacation).
- Period of 10 months (October 2021- July 2022).
- Home office position. Candidates must be based in ‘the Americas’ (Latin America, United States, Canada, the Caribbean).
- Honorarium of 120,000 Mexican Pesos (~6000 USD) will be transferred in 3 instalments over the full course of the contract. This amount includes IVA for candidates based in Mexico.
- Applicants must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish. Knowledge of Portuguese is appreciated, although not required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of contemporary art is required.
- Available for international travel (valid passport required).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop/InDesign) is a plus.
A fully funded, 2 to 3-week trip to Mexico City in February 2022 during art fair week is among the mandatory requirements, in order to participate in the launch of the first commissioned issue of Terremoto of the year, establish or strengthen a network within the Mexico City art scene and work in person with the team on the organisation’s pending projects. Applicants must be available for some other extra funded, international work trips that might come up in the framework of the position’s responsibilities.