Kyoto Art Center’s Artist-in-Residence Program offers support to emerging artists and art researchers who wish to pursue creative activities in Kyoto. They switch between hosting visual artist and performing artist every year. In 2021, the program is open for visual artists / researchers.
Period: Maximum 3 months during the period of April 1st [Thu], 2021 to March 31st [Thu], 2022.
• Emerging artists and art researchers based on visual arts who have clear motivation to work and research in Kyoto.*Applications by writers and cross-media artists are welcome to apply every year.
• Applicants must:
- organize a public program for Kyoto citizens during the residency.
- communicate in English or Japanese.
Offered by the residency:
• Accommodation during the residency period.
• A studio for production and research at Kyoto Art Center.
• Round-trip air ticket from residential area to Kansai International Airport or Osaka International Airport.
• Production and research cost: JPY100,000 (including tax) for an individual or a group (not each member).
• Assistance by art coordinators.
Website: Kyoto Art Center